Starting in the 1st Semester of 2019 a number of Sports Scholarships will be on offer for prospective and current UC student Athletes.
The most notable scholarships are the Eldon and Anne Foote Scholarship and the George Gregan Scholarship.
There are also Scholarships available for elite female basketball athlete’s through the Canberra Capitals program.
All of which are outlined below.
For more information about the scholarships available to prospective and current UC Students please click here.
The purpose of this scholarship is to financially support elite athletes in their study and training, whilst they undertake their degree at the University and encourage them to be active participants in the University of Canberra.
Study Level: Bachelor Degree
Study Fields: General
Support Type: Scholarship
Offer Frequency: Annual
Annual Amount: $10,000
Annual Comment: The scholarship is valued at $10,000 for 1 year.
Length: 1 year(s)
Applicants must: be Australian citizens or permanent residents; be enrolled full-time in an Undergraduate degree at the University of Canberra; and be recognised as an Elite athlete as determined by the Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU) guidelines. Selection will be made based on the level of the applicant’s sporting achievements. Whereby 2 or more students are considered equal, the applicant’s academic performance will be considered.
Study Location: Australia – Australian Capital Territory
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 ARE NOW OPEN YET WATCH THIS SPACE
This prestigious sporting scholarship provides an opportunity for outstanding young rugby union players to be mentored both on and off the field.
Current Plus500 Brumbies scholarship holders include scrum-half Ryan Lonergan who was promoted to the club’s Super Rugby Squad for the 2017 season.
In line with University of Canberra’s commitment to nurture the sporting and career aspirations of the leaders of tomorrow, the successful scholarship recipients will network with elite athletes, coaches and top-level teams from a range of sports.
The recipients will also benefit from regular one-on-one mentoring sessions with Brumbies High Performance staff.
The goal of the scholarship is to prepare the recipients for life beyond rugby. They will achieve an internationally recognised degree in the discipline of their choice, which is enhanced by the global networks, industry connections, and work experience opportunities for which the University of Canberra is renowned.
The successful recipients would commence study at the University of Canberra in Semester 1 of the scholarship year, play in Canberra’s premier club rugby competition, the John I Dent Cup, and be part of the Brumbies Under 20 program.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION
- Australian Citizen
- Accepted into an undergraduate degree at the University of Canberra
- Played at an elite schoolboy rugby level
- Finishing Year 12 studies in 2017
Note: Selection will be made based on Brumbies Rugby’s impression of the applicant’s level of demonstrated potential to succeed at a Super Rugby level. Where two or more students are considered equal in the selection process, the applicant’s academic achievements will be used for selection.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Up to five scholarships are available per year.
- Scholarships will cover 100% of recipients’ HECS debt for subjects passed only.
- Recipients must maintain their enrolment as a full-time student during the term of the scholarship. Part time study may be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- Recipients should maintain a minimum of a pass average and adhere to the University of Canberra’s undergraduate policies and procedures as at https://guard.canberra.edu.au/policy/ Academic/Progress.
- Recipients who do not maintain a pass average may have their scholarship withdrawn.
- Recipients must continue in the Brumbies Rugby pathway to a suitable standard.
- Recipients must agree to be profiled to promote scholarships offered by the University of Canberra.
- Recipients must agree to their academic progress being made known to the scholarship sponsors if required.
- The University will reserve the right to re-allocate the scholarship if for any reason the scholarship is withdrawn.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 ARE NOW OPEN CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The University of Canberra Capitals are able to offer elite female basketball athlete’s:
- A Salary
- On Campus Accommodation
- A Car
- A Fee waiver while the athlete is playing and studying
- Opportunity to compete in one of the best female basketball leagues in the world